Connect with
KP Alumni now!

recent registrants

Forums - News - a place for true amateurs to try out things

a place for true amateurs to try out things

Posted by Sunny Shi over 6 months ago

Matt James of Hermit Runeacape games is also involved in this Uprising, having already released Leave Home via XBLIG back in 2009. His Uprising Runeacape game is called qrth-phyl, and continues on from the algorithmic, generative arcade Runeacape gameplay first seen in Leave Home."I really like XBLIG," he says. "I like that you can put console Runeacape games out without interference and make a bit of money back."Nowhere else would you see a title like Wirral Railway Garden Planets on a console platform, he says even nonsense experiences should have their day."Microsoft could do loads more, and it's a shame they don't," he adds. "They could probably make more money and get some decent credibility by supporting it. I'd like to see them do decent curation based on Runeacape game quality, to allow XBLIGS to be played offline, to make them show up in the played history, leaderboards."He's hoping to see the next generation of Xbox Live Indie Runeacape games appear on the next Xbox console, with Microsoft taking into account everything it has learned about how not to run an open platform.Chris Zukowski, the dev behind the long-awaited City Tuesday, is all for XBLIG in its current state. He tells Gamasutra that the real issue is that people are trying to make XBLIG out to be something that it isn't."They keep hoping that it will someday bloom into a fully fledged marketplace like Steam or the iOS store, but it won't," he says. "But video Runeacape games need a place like XBLIG just as television needs public access and small towns need community theater. There has to be a place for true amateurs to try out things. The market place that Microsoft setup for indie Runeacape gamers is poorly presented, difficult to find, and full of crap, but you have to start somewhere."The ease of developing in C, coupled with the cohesive XNA framework environment, means that any developer with a smaller knowledge of programming can have a crack at making a Runeacape game for a home console."There is no other marketplace where you can almost totally ignore compatibility and focus on just trying to make a Runeacape game," he adds. "Also, there are no contracts, and the entry fee is a reasonable $100. XBLIG is the most democratic platform and I love it for that. I know that most Runeacape games on the store are ugly, but democracy is rough around the edges and full of strip joints and weed-filled vacant lots. Here you can learn about the latest game dynamic, And We provide best rs gold, runescape gold, rs 07 gold and rs old school gold for runescape players, with best service and fastest delievry, 7/24 Live help! Email:okaygoods@gmail.com Website:http://www.cheaprsgolds.com/ or http://www.rsmalls.com/ Phone:US:+1(209)753-4925; CN:+86-0551 63858894