Connect with
KP Alumni now!

recent registrants

Forums - Clubs, Activities - WNBA players: New NBA 2K21 Attributes for women's game'just surreal'

WNBA players: New NBA 2K21 Attributes for women's game'just surreal'

Posted by Star Ding over 6 months ago

Growing up, many NBA stars dream of running from the tunnel and into a huge arena full of thousands of fans roaring. Possibly the only delight that may rival understanding your dream of making it to the experts would be to purchase the most recent edition of NBA2K to watch yourself at the video game that you played growing up. Although it might appear insignificant, there's a sense of coming full circle. However, not a single WNBA player had until recently. When NBA 2K20 was released in 2019, it was the very first time that the yearly game -- that thrived in 1999 -- featured WNBA players. Her predecessors didn't get the opportunity to perform as themselves, but Washington Mystics wing Aerial Powers couldn't help but make a comparison when she first played as herself. "This is most likely how the men feel when they get into the league and they get a opportunity to play themselves on 2K," she explained. "It's just surreal and is pretty enjoyable." "I would have never thought they'd apply girls to the match," Powers told USA TODAY Sports. Dallas Wings guard Allisha Gray has been playing 2K because Shaquille O'Neal graced the cover in 2005, and that she still has trouble believing that she is a part of it. Alexis Jones, who had been waived by the Atlanta Fantasy in August, has consistently enjoyed making her very own participant on 2K and will mold his game after her own. This will be the first year she won't have to make herself at the image of a man. "This has been my dream come true, I don't know about everybody else," Jones stated. "I understand that is one thing I always dreamed of as a little girl -- to maintain a 2K game. This chance to make yourself and build yourself as well as a woman is dope." The importance of building your WNBA player can not be overstated, especially for young women who hope to play basketball or are only fans of the game. "I think it's amazing that little girls can develop and really play the game and understand that they can still have the very same objectives and accomplishments as guys," Jones said. Powers echoed the sentiment and how important representation is for young women. She also wants to see more advancement together with women in the video game business in general. Powers streams and plays video games on Twitch and is now particularly active in gaming because the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. She even hosted an all-female 2K championship in October that contained a 30-minute opening musical group by Grammy Award Winning artist DJ Jazzy Jeff. The stream garnered over 26,000 audiences. The 2019 WNBA champion says if she plays video games online she is occasionally met with misogynistic messages from different consumers, and she hopes that new modes such as"The W" can make it easier for girls playing with video games. "It kind of gives the younger girls a fantastic look and says,'Hey, it's fine to be a lady, such as basketball and want to playwith,' since I know some of their male friends may have a different view," Powers said. "But when you see the women in the game, it's like,'Hey, that is all right.'" if you are interested, you can browse them in detail. https://www.nba2king.com/