Connect with
KP Alumni now!

recent registrants

Forums - Clubs, Activities - Okay, so I didn't cry. But I was quite mad

Okay, so I didn't cry. But I was quite mad

Posted by Dragon Born over 6 months ago

The Obligatory Rant. This editorial was inspired by the most recent "dragonstoneā€ poll. If you've not been keeping up with the news about the poll it allows players to vote for either the current 200 or 138 level of combat calculations. I cried when I heard the announcement. Yes, I am serious. I ran up to my bedroom, pulled my head into my pillow, and wept about my loss of innocence, which I discovered when I read Anne of Green Gables. Okay, so I didn't cry. But I was quite mad. I predicted that the 138 combat calculation would win. So far, I'm correct. Today, February 15th, EST 71 percent to 29% win percentage for the calculation of 138 combat stands. The most troubling part? It's being won for all the wrong purposes. It is simply that it is better than the previous system in every way. To find the reasons as to why this is the case, we must go back to the beginnings of Runescape. Runescape was a very different game than it is today, as the majority of players are aware. The game features both 2D and 3D graphics, slower movement speed and a unique combat system. The three-hit combat system is the one that players often think about when they think of Runescape classic's combat system. That means you need to take three strikes on your opponent before you are able to withdraw. This is different from Runescape 2 or 3, where you can just run away whenever you'd like. However, there are more distinctions in fighting than three hits. Melee was the main kind of combat used in the original game. The reason is that magic and ranged were not fully developed. Ranged was completely underdeveloped. It had limited range armor, and was not used much in PvP. Similar limitations were present for magic. A player who failed to cast a spell had to wait for 20 minutes before they could try again. Cheap OSRS Gold, RS 2007 Gold & RS3 Gold on https://www.rsorder.com/