Connect with
KP Alumni now!

recent registrants

Forums - In Memory - I hadn't seen before

I hadn't seen before

Posted by Rousutt Rousutt over 6 months ago

I didn't get the sense that he was overpowered (I'm perhaps still in http://www.rsgaming.com/ denial), but I definitely saw advantages that I hadn't seen before. I learned a combo that required a bit of quick finger work that I wasn't used to (begin a Rolling Boulder, then place and pull a remnant while rolling) that helped out quite a bit in the early stages of the Runescape game. I saw that staying back and pulling teammates out of danger could be just as good as rolling in and starting a fight. I even got some wins out of it, finally. So maybe there's hope for Earth Spirit and I yet.At this point, I'm still a little wary about picking Earth Spirit. Now, however, it's because losing means that there was always something I could have done better, and characters like him make those mistakes more obvious (and end up getting me killed more often). But I've decided to stick it out, rewire my brain to his newer version and see what we can do together. I'm still just as likely to screw up and lose terribly, but maybe that's not such a big deal. Playing as Earth Spirit is still a lot more fun than playing most other characters, even if I don't win as much. And at this point, I'm dedicated. I just can't say no to those big green eyes of his. Suriel Vazquez is a freelance writer who wrote this piece before the 6.82 patch turned the Runescape game upside down and now has no idea what to make of Earth Spirit or anything anymore. You can follow him @SurielVazquez. Blackbird Miming In the Dead of Night: Kan Gao's A Bird Story. I have a serious case of impostor syndrome, says Kan Gao.I can't see Kan as we chat over a Skype audio call but he's blushing. He's looking down at his shuffling feet, his hands steadfastly buried in his pockets. His elbows are locked, and he's avoiding eye contact, not because he's rude or ignorant or obnoxious far from it but because he's humble. I think this because Gao is an excellent raconteur, something which is immediately obvious even within the figurative bounds of our brief and remote sit down. He talks with imagery, not words, and I've just mentioned the past successes of To the Moon. Even after all these years, after the slew of awards and praise that's been piled upon him and his breakthrough 2011 hit, he's as self-effacing now as the university student who once had a penchant for tinkering with RPG-maker, whose strong suit was never programming. Best Story , Best Music , Game Song of the Year and Best Writing/Dialogue became end-of-year nominations synonymous with Johnny and River's tear-jerking tale, and the sheer gravitas and humanity of the Runescape game's narrative and dialogue far eclipsed its simple pixel sprite aesthetics.