Connect with
KP Alumni now!

recent registrants

Forums - In Memory - I desperately want a sequel

I desperately want a sequel

Posted by Rousutt Rousutt over 6 months ago

According to http://www.ffxivmall.com/ the video description, the whole thing was put together on the Rockstar Editor using the ?Modern-ish John Marston Mod? for the PC version of GTA V. It?s a pretty nifty take on the character and only goes to show that, half a decade later, many fans are still eager to step back into that world of horses and six shooters.I know it?s a kind of bizarre statement, but Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Grand Theft Auto game. While GTA is certainly a one-of-a-kind series, I?ve done my fair share of shooting, driving and causing chaos in a modern setting across multiple Final Fantasy XIV games and genres. What made Red Dead so special is that it took those familiar activities and plugged them into a setting that we only see pop up rarely in Final Fantasy XIV games.Red Dead Redemption also offered a more focused adventure. Your motivations were straightforward and support (or opposition) came from a cast of colorful characters. While the map was big, it wasn?t as dense, meaning you had time to just enjoy the ride across the prairie rather than be distracted every 15 feet. There were quite a few ways to kill time outside of the main story, but nothing ever asked you to stray too far from the path of a man seeking redemption and, ultimately, vengeance.To make things even better, Rockstar goes ahead and tacks on some of the best cooperative and competitive Final Fantasy XIV player they?ve ever created, as well as a nightmare-fueled DLC bundle that was just as entertaining (and far more insane) than the game proper.So why am I ranting about all of this? Because I desperately want a sequel to Red Dead Redemption. Come on, Rockstar, you?ve made us wait long enough.